A Wayfarer Reflects

"Kismet was borrowed into English in the early 1800s from Turkish, where it was used as a synonym of fate. This was an expansion on the meaning of the original Arabic word that led to kismet: that word, qisma, means “portion” or “lot,” and one early 18th-century bilingual dictionary says it’s a synonym of “fragment.”" — "It's Kismet", Merriam-Webster.com

"God is a god of abundance."














{I raged and began my Dark Night of the Soul, my Twighlight Rumble with The Living God.

I almost won, too. That is until He broke my hip and blessed the shit out of me.}


{Also, on a sidenote, love how the closest you can get to actual Israelite Miryam, Mother of Yeshua, is a Morman brunette with blue eyes. -_-}


“Survival is the ability to swim in strange water.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune

"But... Should I remain under water this long?"
-- This Intangible Existence, "Leaves"


{Some things are still too fresh, too sacred to discuss.
"And Mary kept all these things in her heart."}

Two things can be true at the same time; yes, even three things can exist and occupy the same space.



"She is a Weirding Woman..."
Stilgar [speaking of Lady Jessica] Dune 2021

~***~ 


~***~

"I don't want to be buried. My Grandmother was convinced I should be burned as a witch and I think that's probably right, that's how I should go. I think fire is cleansing and beautiful. So I definitely want to be cremated and not put in a confined space. I don't have anywhere in mind that I would want my ashes to go to - at least not yet. If I did, I wouldn't say because certain things are private and sacred. It's my belief that you ditch the body and all the stuff that made you then goes somewhere else, but I don't know where. Although I don't believe in Heaven and Hell, I do believe all our souls go on. Not necessarily on Earth - it's a vast universe after all. I don't know how we would reform, but I think we would find matter and consciousness would take root.

 

"Check this out: they can go in any direction & 98% of the time, they successfully catch exactly what they lock onto."


"In chess, The Queen can move in any direction..."

"I've had things happen to me - some health scares, three miscarriages - that have given me a great respect for life, the miracle of it. I have a lot of respect for the realm of death. I was raped once and thought at the time I was going to die. I didn't think I was going to make it out of there alive. The idea that I hadn't had the chance to tell my mother goodbye was the thing that really kept me thinking and focused and saved my life. Anger in that sort of situation doesn't work. Anger is not what gets you out.
"The three miscarriages were deaths. I had been warned just before the last one that things weren't going well, but I had to do a show in London so, before the show I went to Westminster Abbey, where I lit a candle and said a prayer - in my own way. We all find our own truth in religion, whichever it may be. We must not simply wait for death to take us. Assuming that as we get older, we don't have anything to contribute, is a victim mentality. We don't value our older people in the West. But not all old people necessarily have wisdom. Just because you're old, doesn't mean you're wise. you have to really do the work.
"I don't want to sit on the sidelines and not value the gift of being here. Instead of the idea of time ticking away, the grains of sand running out, I try to think of time as giving me another grain of sand, another gift. So time passing is an accumulation, rather than a diminishing." 
-- Tori Amos: Grand Mother and Patron Saint of Sensitive Pianists with Religious Trauma; Bosendorfer Queen; She Who Makes Speaking Keys Growl; a strange, twitchy, witchy girl...
[Daily Mail (UK) - November 18, 2001]


"Time isn't holding up; Time isn't after us: Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was."
- David Byrne, The Talking Heads, "Once in a Lifetime"




"The Journey Calls..."






Comments

Popular posts from this blog