Pizza & Pomegranates

“On its hem you shall make pomegranates of blue and purple and scarlet yarns, around its hem, with bells of gold between them, a golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate, around the hem of the robe. And it shall be on Aaron when he ministers, and its sound shall be heard when he goes into the Holy Place before the Lord, and when he comes out, so that he does not die.”
Exodus 28:33 – 35


Yesterday, I had my first pomegranate. As you can see, I am a huge fan all of a sudden. Like anything I've ever swiftly fallen in love with, it preceded itself a few times this past week without my registering it as potentially significant. It was an adventure to eat, bleeding delicious juice onto my hands, my clothes, the counter, and the floor. Aesthetically, it was everything an artist could hope for! Pair it with frozen pizza and fish fillets, and you'll have a new favorite late noon snack! The pomegranate cancels out the garbage. That's science. ;)

"If this record was a ring, River Hymn would be the jewel."  -This Intangible Existence


On the 17th, we all played our songs for one another. I could feel my people from their different posts in the room, and their smiles and applause meant the most. My dad was so proud his voice trembled; my mom cried in my arms, and my teacher was practically incandescent. Many kind words were heaped at my eldest child's feet, and I believe the Lord's heart was heard. It was a brilliant night, and Summer's Triangle crowned the evening over our heads as we laughed in the parking lot. 

Days and nights like these are gifts, full of infinite moments and broken glass gems to remember them by. This has been the longest, most difficult, most quietly wonderful endless summer ever, and my heart is unutterably full. 

"Let the poor say, 'I am rich because of what the Lord has done.'"

I am rich, I am rich, I am rich. . .



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missive from the Kitchen